Wikipedia: The Text Adventure
Add Reply
Johan Jönsson
2017-06-30 14:12:45 UTC
http://kevan.org/wikitext/

Nice concept.

//Johan Jönsson
--
http://wikipediabloggen.se
quiddity
2017-06-30 16:24:16 UTC
Post by Johan Jönsson
http://kevan.org/wikitext/
Nice concept.
Ah neat, this is by the same person who created this, which I enjoyed
https://github.com/kevandotorg/nanogenmo-2015 "//Around the World in X
Wikipedia Articles// - generating a 50,000 word novel using
Wikipedia's API to pull out location coordinates and descriptions."

His other earlier WP-related game is http://kevan.org/catfishing.php
"Catfishing is a guessing game built from Wikipedia articles"
Samuel Patton
2017-06-30 17:40:18 UTC
This is really neat. Thanks for sharing. Ah, text adventures. I wonder if
there'd be a way to scale it so that you could actually enter more commands
that would still pull from Wikimedia products ...

*Eat sandwich*

You ingest[1 <https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/eat>] a food typically
consisting of vegetables, sliced cheese or meat, placed on or between
slices of bread[2 <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich>]