[Wikimedia-l] Mobile image upload
James Heilman
2013-08-25 12:14:10 UTC
Mobile image upload is a huge plus thus thanks to all who made it
happen. It is allowing those who might not otherwise have be able to
get involved to do so. Just saw this image come in through the mobile
site Loading Image...

I have never seen diphtheria as it is exceedingly rare in my area of
the world. And technically this image is very hard to take. Look
forwards to mobile editing arriving.
--
James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine
www.opentextbookofmedicine.com
Steven Walling
2013-08-25 21:25:53 UTC
Post by James Heilman
Mobile image upload is a huge plus thus thanks to all who made it
happen. It is allowing those who might not otherwise have be able to
get involved to do so. Just saw this image come in through the mobile
site
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Dirty_white_pseudomembrane_classically_seen_in_diptheria_2013-07-06_11-07.jpg
Awesome! Maryana, Kenan, and the mobile team will be psyched to hear this.
:)
Post by James Heilman
I have never seen diphtheria as it is exceedingly rare in my area of
the world. And technically this image is very hard to take. Look
forwards to mobile editing arriving.
Mobile editing is here now, on the m.wikipedia.org mobile website. You
should see a pencil icon on every section. Feedback on how it works or
doesn't for you would be most welcome, since it's only been out of beta
since the end of July.
Sue Gardner
Kevin Wayne Williams

Craig Franklin
2013-08-26 00:58:30 UTC
If we make it easier for people to contribute, we're also making it easier
for people to contribute stuff we don't want.

The tradeoff is definitely worth it though.

Cheers,
Craig
On 26/08/2013 10:56 AM, "Kevin Wayne Williams" <kwwilliams at kwwilliams.com>
http://commons.wikimedia.org/**wiki/File:Lil_brownie_2013-08-**
19_19-33.jpg<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Lil_brownie_2013-08-19_19-33.jpg>
KWW
pseudomembrane_classically_**seen_in_diptheria_2013-07-06_**11-07.jpg<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Dirty_white_pseudomembrane_classically_seen_in_diptheria_2013-07-06_11-07.jpg>
Jon Robson
2013-08-26 15:20:33 UTC
James
Thanks for sharing that and great to see the uploader is from Kerala India!

In terms of mobile editing arriving... It's here!:
http://blog.wikimedia.org/2013/07/25/edit-wikipedia-on-the-go/

Jon
Post by James Heilman
Mobile image upload is a huge plus thus thanks to all who made it
happen. It is allowing those who might not otherwise have be able to
get involved to do so. Just saw this image come in through the mobile
site
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Dirty_white_pseudomembrane_classically_seen_in_diptheria_2013-07-06_11-07.jpg
I have never seen diphtheria as it is exceedingly rare in my area of
the world. And technically this image is very hard to take. Look
forwards to mobile editing arriving.
--
James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian
The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine
www.opentextbookofmedicine.com
Jon Davies
*Jon Davies - Chief Executive Wikimedia UK*. Mobile (0044) 7803 505 169
tweet @jonatreesdavies

Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990.

Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk