[Wikimedia-l] Scholarships for people whose visa were declined
Andy Mabbett
2017-08-11 13:26:04 UTC
Katherine Maher just announced at Wikimania 2017 that all scholarship
recipients who were unable to obtain a visa, will be automatically
granted a scholarship for Wikimania 2018.
--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk
Chris Keating

ViswaPrabha (വിശ്വപ്രഭ)
2017-08-11 13:36:42 UTC
Great gesture and so much re-assuring of the spirit that's called Wikimedia
revolution!

Kudos!
-user:Viswaprabha
Post by Chris Keating
Sounds very sensible!
Chris
Lane Rasberry
2017-08-11 13:39:46 UTC
This is a great idea! I was really feeling down hearing about how so many
people got denied a visa and I did not know how to respond.

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 9:36 AM, ViswaPrabha (വിശ്വപ്രഭ) <
Post by ViswaPrabha (വിശ്വപ്രഭ)
Great gesture and so much re-assuring of the spirit that's called
Wikimedia revolution!
Kudos!
-user:Viswaprabha
Post by Chris Keating
Sounds very sensible!
Chris
Post by Andy Mabbett
Katherine Maher just announced at Wikimania 2017 that all scholarship
recipients who were unable to obtain a visa, will be automatically
granted a scholarship for Wikimania 2018.
--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk